These steppers are much stronger than A4988 steppers that is included in the standard Arduino kit. If you need a stronger machine, then upgrade to these steppers.
Important! These steppers must be mounted the correct way. Look at the picture and notice the small screw (potentiometer) and see what way its pointing. That’s how you need to mount these drivers. When you place the heatsink on the chip, make sure that the heatsink don’t touch any other pins or electronics or they will break! We have no warranties on electronics since it’s out of our control once it leaves our facilities.
The price is for one driver
1. Simple step and direction control interface
2. Six different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step, 1/8-step, 1/16-step, and 1/32-step
3. Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems
4. Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, and under-voltage lockout
5. Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
6. 4-layer, 2 oz copper PCB for improved heat dissipation
7. Exposed solderable ground pad below the driver IC on the bottom of the PCB
8. Module size, pinout, and interface match those of our A4988 stepper motor driver carriers in most respects
(see the bottom of this page for more information)
9. Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor¡¯s rated voltage to achieve higher step rates
10. Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
11. 45 V maximum supply voltage
12. Built-in regulator (no external logic voltage supply needed)