The price applies to a complete set of control electronics for small and large 4 axle machines. The control card has room for 2 more axles, ie 6 axes in total.
The package holds
- 4x Drivers DQ542MA
- 4x stepper motors 3A 287 oz-in (1.9 Nm)
- 1x Breakout board
- 1x Serial/Parallel Cable
- 1x 24v 14,5A power supply
We only use 1 Power supply of 14.5A. Each motor is 3A so together it will be 12A.This is at the limit of what is recommended.We have always used only 1 power supply which is sufficient for a standard Raw machine as we do not run the motors at full speed.If you are running the machine hard and at high speed, then it may be a good idea to split your motors into 2 power supply units. We have never needed 2 for one machine but if this is something you think is needed then buy one more.
If you are building a Raw machine
You can use these electronics to any machine but if you are building a Raw machine and would like to follow our guides then you need the parts below. We dont have all this in stock but we will link you to products so that you can see what you need. The parts below are for a standard Raw1.5 990x990mm. If you build a larger machine then add more cable, about 1 meter extra per motor and switch. Click on the links to get to each product.
- Cable chains 2pcs
- Driver Kit 1pcs
- Power cable 1pcs
- Thin shrink hose 32pcs
- Thick shrink hose 42cm
- Narrow Cable Spiral 100cm
- Thick Cable Spiral 100cm
- Flat cable shoe / flat pin 2pcs
- Stripes 10pcs
- RGB connectors 4 pairs
- USB cable to get 5V 1pcs
- 2 pcs Cable channels approx 50cm pcs (not required if you have the cable chain all the way 2x cable chain is enough)
- Shielded Motor Cable 4 conductor 15m
- Shielded Switch cable 2 conductor 20m
- Unshielded cable 2 conductor 2m (Note, if you want Z-axis led light, you need about 4m extra for a standard Raw 990×990 machine)
- Regular cable 1 conductor 150cm (30cm of measure is for ground cable)
Raw 1.5 uses these drivers because they are affordable and reliable.
Two-phase hybrid stepping motor driver, The drive voltage of which is from 18VDC to 50VDC. It is designed for use with 2-phase hybrid stepper motor of all kinds with 42mm to 86mm outside diameter and less than 4.0A phase current. This circuit that it adopts is similar to the circuit of servo control which enables the motor run smoothly almost without noise and vibration. Hording torque under high speed is also significantly higher than the other two-phase driver, what’s more, the positioning accuracy is also higher. It is widely used in middle and big size numerical control devices such as curving machine, CNC machine, Computer embroider machine, packing machines and so on.
- Model DQ542MA
- High performance, low price
- Average current control, 2-phase sinusoidal output current drive
- Supply voltage from 18VDC to 50VDC
- Opto-isolated signal I/O
- Overvoltage, under voltage, overcorrect, phase short circuit protection
- 15 channels subdivision and automatic idle-current reduction
- 8 channels output phase current setting
- Offline command input terminal
- Motor torque is related with speed, but not related with step/revolution
- High start speed
- High holding torque under high speed
Motors that fit all electronics for nema23. The engines are full of 3.0A and very strong at 287 oz-in (1.9 Nm)
- Frame Size: NEMA23
- Step Angle: 1.8 degree
- Voltage: 3.0V
- Current: 3.0 A/phase
- Resistance: 1.0Ohm/phase
- Inductance: 1.6mH/phase
- Holding torque: 287 oz-in
- Rotor inertia: 480 g-cm2
- Detent torque: 0.68 kg-cm
- Weight: 2.20lb (1.0 kg)
- Length: 78mm
- Shaft Diameter: 1/4″(6.35mm)
- It can connection 6 drivers and control 6 motors in the same time.
- Built in DB25 male connector.
- DB25 output pin:P1,P2,P3,P4,P5,P6,P7,P8,P9,P14,P16,P17
- DB25 input pin:P10,P11,P12,P13,P15.
- DB25 GND pin:P18-P25.
- Power voltage is 5VDC and support with MACH3 ect.software
- Built in optical-coupler.
Switching Power supply
See our video on how to connect this electronics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAxVjg__dGA&t=72s. See also our illustrations on how to asemble the electronics http://cncmaskiner.org/elektronik-for-raw-1-5/
For good CNC electronics, you’ll need a special USB adapter that converts the LPT signals to USB. (click on the link for more info) or an old computer with Printer Port and a 32-bit operating system. But these are abundant, look for for computers called the Dell Optiplex 790 or 780 for example. You can find such a computer for 50eur and it should only be used to control the machine so it needs no performance and you do not even need to put it online to risk viruses when your computer is older. Draw and prepare your files on another computer. If you choose to purchase a computer with printer port, you can reinstall Windows to a 32 bit version by downloading this file http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-professional-free-download-iso -32-64-bit / and then buy a license on eBay for over 2Eur. The file is in ISO format and must be burned on CD. Mach3 settings can be found in our articles.