- Latest CNC Shield Version 3.0 for Arduino
- GRBL 0.9 compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an UNO for Arduino that turns G-code commands into stepper signals)
- Runs on 12-36V DC. (At the moment only the DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)
- Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
- A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Board is a breakout board for Allegro’s A4988 DMOS Micro stepping Driver with Translator and Overcurrent Protection; please read the A4988 datasheet carefully before using this product
The drivers included in the kit are weaker than the DRV8825 drivers but works ok for a CNC machine. If you want stronger drivers with up to 1/32 micro-stepping buy the DRV8825 drivers as well. Avalible as a separate product.
You will also need a Powersupply, look at our 5A switching power supply avalible as a separate product.
Important! These steppers must be mounted the correct way. Look at the picture and notice the small screw (potentiometer) and see what way its pointing. That’s how you need to mount these drivers. When you place the heatsink on the chip, make sure that the heatsink don’t touch any other pins or electronics or they will break! We have no warranties on electronics since it’s out of our control once it leaves our facilities.
Don’t use motors more than 2A for this type of electronics. We sell super strong 1A motors that is perfect for this electronics.