This machine is available as a product with a delivery time of 3-4 weeks. We manufacturer the machine after you order. You can write to us or give us a call on 0046730244945. We usually answer the phones weekdays between 10-15.00.
Raw Avantic is our latest model and a further development from our previous models, Raw 1.5 and Raw 2.0. Raw Avantic is built of aluminum but in the same way as an industrial machine with high-quality linear bearings from Hiwan and a real Z-axis that can pass its own axis.The cutting depth is 165mm (Compared to about 110mm for our previous models).
These machines are so-called Desktop machines, they need a table to stand on. The reason for this design is that it should be easy to transport the machine and take it through doors and stairs. You can build your own table of wood, steel or aluminum or buy one of our tables that are adapted for the machine. the only requirement is that the table should hold the weight and be in level.
Raw Avantic is more intended for working with wood, but it is also possible to cut in harder materials such as Aluminum but on a smaller scale. The precision is good with an accuracy of about 0.1mm. Without load or at low speeds, the accuracy is the same as any industrial machine, but under load, Aluminum is not as rigid as Steel.
Avantic comes with a powerful 2.2kw air-cooled spindle with collets between 1-13mm. The speed of the machine is up to an incredible 15,000mm/min and comparable to expensive industrial machines.Our previous models and others on the market have a speed of between 4-6000 mm min.What enables the speed are the spring-loaded motors, fixed racks, and the quality of the plain bearings we use.
Why an Aluminum Machine?
Aluminum machines do not weigh as much as a steel machine. If you compare a larger Avantic that weighs about 150kg, a steel machine weighs up to 2 tons in the same dimensions.
A steel machine can only stand on concrete floors while an Avantic can stand wherever you want and can also be carried up or down stairs. A steel machine requires a truck that can unload 2 tons and wide doors, while an Avantic can be moved with a pallet lift and through doors. If the machine is in the way, it can be moved. Aluminum does not have the same precision as steel, but if you cut in wood, plastic or aluminum, a precision of 0.1mm is more than enough. Aluminum is about twice as expensive as steel, but we have chosen to only build machines in this material as the benefits are many.
Raw Avantic is manufactured in Sweden and developed by us who previously worked as furniture carpenters. The machine came as an alternative to the expensive, heavy Asia machines that usually have a delivery time of 3-4 months and with questionable support. We always have personal support and guarantees.
- Spindle: 2.2 kw industrial spindle, air cooledSpindle speed: 10,000 – 24,000 rpm
- 6x Proximity switch for safety, zeroing and calibration
- Control: PC with Mach3 software (demo version)
- Ball screw: On the Z-axis
- Rack drive: On X, A and Y axis
- Nema 23 motors, spring-loaded
- Linear guides on all axles, HIWIN type
- Voltage: 230V/10 amp single phase
- Height below Z-axis: 165mm
- Machine footprint approx. (W)1180x (L)1300mm
- Working area: (W)890x (L)1300mm
- Maximum cut-out: (W)720 x (L)1050 mm
- Weight: 90 kg (without table)
- Waste board with clamps
- Aluminum table with adjustable feet as an option
- CE certified
- 90-degree calibration at start-up
- 6 safety, home and calibration switches
- Calibration functions to calibrate all directions, left, right, up, down and height
- “Homing” of machine with Proximity switch for extra accuracy
- Speeds up to 15000mm/min
- Cut in wood, plastic and soft metal
- LED lights below the X-axis
- Light weight and suitable for plastic and wooden floors
- Support by phone and email
Options (more specific below)
- Color powder coating: matte black or classic white
- Heavy-duty aluminum table
- Hand controller for controlling machine without keyboard
- Optical camera for accurate positioning of inserts (Not available at the moment)
- ATC (Automatic Tool Changer) (Not available right now)
This is included
- Raw Avantic CE certified CNC machine
- Renovated computer adapted for CNC machine
- Electronic box that can be unplugged for easy service
- Calibration plate to calibrate X, Y and Z axis, ie all axes.
- 80mm Air-cooled spindle with inverter connected to CNC electronics
- 80mm Dust collector
- Keys for spindle 22 and 30mm
- 13 ER20 collets for spindle 1-13mm
- 4x Clamps to hold down the workpiece
- 1×3.175mm endmill with 2 straight flutes
- 1x4mm endmill with 2 straight flutes
- 1×3.175mm Aluminum and plastic endmill with 1 spiral flute
- 1x6mm endmill with 2 spiral flutes
- 1x6x22mm profile bit to level the waste board
- 1x6x16mm V-bit for engraving
- Instruction manual for CNC machine
- Instruction manual for Spindle
- Instruction videos
- Support by phone or email
Describing the machine requires a lot of text so here is a summary, more advanced text below
- The machine is complete, and you can start cutting with it immediately.
- It is not difficult to operate the machine. All the text below makes it look complicated but it’s simple.
- The computer that comes with has a working demo version of Mach3, you will need to buy a license for this at a cost of about 200Eur. Only the computer is included, Monitor, mouse and keyboard must be purchased separately.
- You need a drawing software like Google Sketchup, Adobe illustrator, Coreldraw or Inkscape. You can use any drawing software you want if you can get a .DXF file of your model. You can draw in MAC or Windows. Also look at Fusion360 which has a built-in CAM software for CNC machines. There should be a free version of that software at the time of writing.
- You need a CAM software. CAM software is where you set speed and depth of your work piece among other things. We recommend that you start with a cheaper software called Estlcam.com. Estlcam is perfect to start with as it is cheap (Approx. 50Eur). If you grow out of it, we recommend Vcarve Pro which is a more expensive software. If you have a drawing software called Fusion 360, there is a built-in CAM function.
- The machines are so-called “Desktop machines”, which means that you need to make a table for it or buy one from us.
What can I cut with a Raw Avantic?
Soft wood, hard wood, Mdf, plastic, aluminum, Sign production, 3D carving and engraving etc. Note that aluminum is difficult to learn to cut and there are better machines for it such as laser or water jet.If you only want to cut aluminum, you should look at more expensive industrial machines.We have cut thousands of meters of Aluminum ourselves with the machines, but it is difficult to learn.The machine is mostly for hardwood, wood, and softer materials such as plastic. Do not buy the machine if you are only going to cut in Aluminum.
Is it difficult to use the machine?
No, you learn right away.The only difficult thing is to draw your parts, the rest is easy.Once you have cut your first piece, you will understand.
Consumption table (Waste board)
The consumption table is made of black Valchromat. Valchromat is a stronger MDF that can withstand water better if you treat it with oil or hard wax oil. The table is easy to replace as it consists of two tables, a base table, and a consumption table. You can easily cut out a new consumable table in MDF or Valchromat after you have worn out the old one. The consumption table lasts about 6 months. Files for a new consumption table can be downloaded from the website.
The table is of infinity type, which means that you can cut pieces longer than the table by pushing it forward between runs. You can also choose to use vacuum suction by buying vacuum cups on eg eBay. Vacuum cups are placed on the table and you can fasten your pieces using them. We prefer to fasten the workpiece with the included clamps. Using vacuum is up to the user.
Avantic has 6 safety, homing and calibration switches for safety and precision.The switches are so-called Proximity switches that have no mechanical parts.Proximity switches are extremely accurate so that the machine can return to its “home” with the best possible precision.The safety switches ensure that the machine cannot go too far. The safety switches stop the system and spindle as soon as the machine goes too far in any direction.Avantiv uses 4 motors instead of 3 like many others.By using a 4th motor, we can calibrate the machine so that it always starts at a 90-degree angle.
Cutting with a CNC machine requires three software’s such as drawing software, CAM software (set the files you have drawn) and a Control software (to run the file). The Mach3 software is installed in the included computer, but you must purchase a license to run long programs. Mach3 can be used for free if you run shorter programs. Drawing software are available for free, such as Google Sketchup or Inkscape. You can use any drawing software you want as long as you can get a .DXF file of your model. CAM software is where you set which cut, speed and depth you use. We recommend that you start with a cheaper program called Estlcam.com. Estlcam is perfect to start with as it is cheap (Approx. 50Eur). If you grow out of it, we recommend Vcarve Pro which is a more expensive software. All this sounds complicated, but it is simple, Once you have done this once you know how to do it. Also look at Fusion360 which has a built-in CAM software for CNC machines. There should be a free version of that software at the time of writing.
Stepper motor or servomotor
This machine is powered by stepper motors. Stepper motors are significantly cheaper alternatives than servomotors. A stepper motor gets its coordinates by counting the steps that a motor takes. A revolution can be 200 steps (depending on the motor) A servomotor instead works with a position sensor to find its coordinates (simply explained). A selling point that lifts the servomotor is that a stepper motor loses steps. This is not true. A stepper motor can lose steps, but it happens extremely rarely, we have in our 10 years never seen a stepper motor loose steps so that it is noticeable. We have chosen stepper motors because the price is much cheaper, and they work great for machines like these.
This machine has a genuine CE certification and no fake Asian certification. This is important for you as an entrepreneur. CE certifying a CNC machine is very costly, difficult and time consuming. We have gone through that whole process and got all the components approved.
Certificates, Standards and compliance
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
- RoHS Driective 2011/65EU
- EN-ISO 12100:2010
- EN-ISO 19085-1:2017
- EN-ISO 19085-3:2017
- EN 50581:2012
- EN 50370-1:2005
- EN 50370-2:2003
- IEC 60204-12018
Options (click on the tabs)
The machines are so-called “Desktop machines”, which means that you need to make a table for it. We recommend that you build it as wide as the machine and about 30-40 cm longer, so that you can fit a screen and keyboard in front of the machine. The table can be made of wood, aluminum, or steel. The only requirements are that it is 100% in level. If you do not have time to build a table, you can buy one from us. The tables we manufacture are adapted to the machine and made of strong aluminum. The table has adjustable feet. Under the table is a shelf for electronics. The table comes in parts and must be assembled on site.
A 2.2 kw spindle with inverter is included. These spindles are strong, quiet and reliable. We use these ourselves and have done so for many years. With this spindle you can use collets from 1-13mm (ER 20). We include various end mills and collets so that you can get started. You can buy end mills from us or at e.g. eBay.co.uk. The quality of the ones you buy from e.g. China on eBay is good for the price you pay. Search for “End mill” in sizes from 1-13mm. We have removed the water-cooled spider option as air- and water-cooling work just as well. Air cooling works well down to 10,000rpm, while water-cooled spindles can run at extremely low speeds. It is not much you cut that has speeds below 10,000rpm with these machines. The lowest speeds we use are when we cut aluminum or plastic and then we are at about 12,000rpm. With water-cooled spindles, the pump must be running, otherwise there is a risk of burning the spindle. We have had a couple of incidents when the user forgot to start the pump and the spindle broke. We have therefore removed this option.
You can control your machine with a hand controller, we can include one and set it up so that it works with your machine.Controllers are an alternative to controlling the machine but not needed, a wireless keyboard does everything that a hand controller does, but we have it as an alternative, some are used to working that way.
Precision is a balance between the user and machine. It is about how good your drawings are, spindle speed and how fast you cut. At a normal speed of about 2-4000m/min, the machine has a measured precision of about 0.1mm, we have customers who have received higher accuracy, but it is entirely up to the user. The machine is built to mainly cut wood, plastic, and similar materials. If you need the machine to engrave jewelry or for tasks that require extreme precision, you should look at more expensive industrial machines. This machine is the result of many years of development. We have cut several thousand meters of material with machines like these and done it daily for many years.
Paypal fees are very high in terms of these amounts, we ask you to make a bank payment.
As a EU member you need to pay Swedish tax of 25% if you don’t own a valid company. If you own a valid company, you will need to enter your VAT number at checkout and the tax will not be added to the price. We will check with the registry to see that you have a valid company, if not we will have to charge you the tax even after delivery.
Shipping a CNC machine is expensive.You can use your own shipping company but let us know beforehand.If you choose to have the machine sent, it will come disassembled, read the articles on our page on how to assemble the machine.
All videos below are our previous model
This is what the flow can look like when you build furniture with a Raw CNC machine
Watch this video made by a Raw user and you will see what you can achieve with this machine. The user is called CNCswede and can be found on Youtube.
Visit Vectric.com for more video instructions on how to set up your files. It may look complicated but it’s easy.